Monday, October 1, 2012

Kamiah is 1! and Family update

Time goes so fast. I keep telling my self I need to blog every week but haven't. Maybe once I set my mobile option I will be better.


Mariska is doing great! She is a ball of energy. I love watching my two girls play. Mariska does something silly and Kamiah will laugh and laugh. Their favorite thing to do is place chase in the empty living room. Mariska will yell I'm going to get you Mia. Kamiah Giggles and crawls behind the chair and wait, peeks if she hasn't come to tickle her. Mariska Waits until she peeks to say "I FOUND you!"

Kamiah has gotten 6 teeth in 6 weeks. She has been pretty happy and never drooled much. Now her gummy smiles are fulled with silly giant baby teeth! She has mastered going up and down the stairs. Now we're working on getting her to walk. I'm ok with her doing it on her own, who wants their baby to grow up anyway. hehe.

Mariska is going on her 2nd year of dance/ballet. She loves the new dance studio and teachers. Her class has 5 girls! We didn't sign her up for pre-school since we're doing dance. So we do a little here and there at home. She really likes it the more we get into the homework.

Mokie! is our newest member of the family. We adopted a stray very well trained dog from our local shelter. He's a German short haired pointer, black and white tiny spots with a few large black spots all over. He loves going for walks, doesn't run out of the house when we open the doors and loves his ball. We really like having a dog!

Sam Got a promotion at work. He now makes salary, its a different world not worrying about if you clock in late. He's loving it! Sam works with 8 woman and one other guy his boss. Said the conversations are a lot different.

I'm enjoying being a SAHM. I finally started using some of my pinterst posts and made some cool and pretty bad things. Sam wants me.. ok ok I want to also. Start the little work out called insanity!! I might die but that's ok. Last time he did it I was tired just watching him!

We love having a house, but the push mower not so much, working on replacing that in the spring. We're slowly adding things to the walls. Painting Mariska's room, I will try to post pictures of how its coming long, slowly but it will get there. Sam and I painted around the doors and floor boards in the room. While I picked up the can and started shaking it walking 2 feet to the drop cloth, it slipped 3 inches out of my hands and onto the floor. the lid cracked and out came a good inch of paint all over me, the walls, Kamiahs crib, and the carpet. after much scrubbing felt the carpet would be fine. The next morning while Sam got ready for work I had this feeling something wasn't right. I checked to see if Mariska's was sleeping and she wasn't... opened the door to her soon to be new room and shes in there painting away. Poured some paint into the tray and had 2 brush's. Painted a large patch on every wall. dripping paint on the carpet as she went along. I ended up calling my mom to come and help watch the kids so I could clean it up. oh boy what a job, most of the paint had already set before I got to it. Sometime before selling this house the carpet will be replaced. Good thing it wasn't the new carpet!

No comments: